•NATIONAL• Man critically injured after house fire, Centurion

0
478
Man critically injured after house caught fire in Centurion. Photo: ER24.
Man critically injured after house caught fire in Centurion. Photo: ER24.
CAUGHT ALIGHT: Man critically injured after house caught fire in Centurion. Photo: ER24.

CENTURION — A 57-year-old man was left critically injured this morning after his house caught fire in an estate in Kosmosdal near Centurion.

Russel Meiring, an ER24 spokesperson said ER24 paramedics, along with Orange Fox Security and fire services, arrived on the scene to find the house well alight.

It was reported that a gas heater had apparently exploded, causing the fire.

ON FIRE: ER24 paramedics on scene. Photo: ER24.
ON FIRE: ER24 paramedics on scene. Photo: ER24.

“ER24 paramedics assessed a male patient and found that he had sustained serious burn wounds to his face and chest. The patient was treated and provided with advanced life support interventions before he was transported to a private hospital for further treatment.”

Fortunately, the patient’s wife and two children escaped without injury.

Local authorities were on scene for further investigations.

Comments

comments